You’re the MVP!
Most. Valuable. Parent.
Anyone over the age of 18 who is interested in providing a safe, nurturing, and loving home to a child can apply regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To be a victory resource parent you must:
- Be financially stable and mature
- Be willing to share information regarding your background and lifestyle
- Attend and complete the 15-hour pre-approval training provided by Victory Family Services
- Complete a criminal and child abuse clearance from the State of California; if you lived in another state in the past 5 years, you will need a child abuse clearance from that state
- Be in good health to be able to provide care to a child
- Be certified in CPR and first aid (Victory Family Services provides the training and certification)
- Have a driver’s license, a car that is in good working order, and auto insurance
- Provide three references
- Have a clean and safe home, have smoke alarms in bedrooms, CO2 detector, medication lock boxes, first aid kit, and fire extinguisher
The best way to learn more is to attend one of our prospective resource parent orientations. You will receive an introduction to the child welfare system, an overview of the process to be approved as victory resource parent, and have your questions answered. Contact us directly at (661) 912-0111 or info@VictoryFS.org. Or, if you’d like to learn more on how to become a victory resource parent, click below.